The Italian Villa, a dormitory for students of the Seminary, was built in an Italianate style in 1906-07. Students of the Villa referred to themselves as “Villains,” a pun on the name of the building and an allusion to the rumor that students living in the Villa were able to get away with mischief. During the occupation of the Seminary by the U.S. Army, the Villa was used as quarters for nurses and later for single soldiers. The existing historic structure is half the size of the original building; the back half of the Villa was demolished in late 2010 after it was deemed too damaged to repair.