Save Our Seminary (SOS) is a volunteer, nonprofit membership organization formed by preservationists and concerned citizens in 1989 to marshal public and private support and resources to preserve this unique and endangered part of our historical and architectural heritage.
SOS’s ongoing mission is to communicate the history of the National Park Seminary and promote preservation and public enjoyment of its buildings, artifacts, and landscape.
SOS carries out this mission by:
- Supporting preservation of the buildings of the NPS Historic District,
- Collecting, preserving, and restoring artifacts related to the history of NPS,
- Preserving, protecting, and restoring the landscape of NPS including statues, trails, and other features,
- Communicating NPS history through research, documentation, interpretation, and education,
- Promoting public awareness of, support for, and access to this beautiful and unique site.
SOS has about 200 members, including historic preservationists, Seminary alumnae family, local residents, and civic leaders. SOS is directed and managed by a volunteer board of directors and a part-time executive director.