Glen Bridge

The Glen Bridge was the first of several built over the Glen and was constructed in 1887 when the property was developed as a resort hotel, before the boarding school was started. Constructed of metal, the bridge allowed students and others to walk between the campus and the B&O train station, once located where present-day Forest Glen Road meets the CSX tracks. The bridge was adorned with two different pairs of lion statues, one of which still exists on the campus. The bridge was likely destroyed in the mid-1960s due to construction of the Beltway; only the stone bridge abutments and remnants of the piers remain in the Glen.